The S&S Restaurant & Diner In Edgewater – (Built In 1938)

s&sdiner

s&sdinerPhoto From 2002 (Originally built in 1938)

The S & S Restaurant, formerly known as the S & S Sandwich Shop, at 1757 Northeast 2nd Avenue (in the Edgewater neighborhood south of Wynwood), originally opened on July 6, 1938 by Mr. and Mrs. A. G. Sease. The twelve-foot-wide, one-story Art Deco style building, sheathed in structural glass in contrasting colors, is Miami’s only known remaining example of a small-scale diner and sandwich shop. National Register #88002994 (1989). Photo of how it looks present-day below…

4635508316_e8cd08db1c_z

Categories
Miami History
MIAMI RESOURCES

Miami Zip Codes
Broward Zip Codes
Things To Do In Miami
Winter Music Conference 2016
Art Basel Miami 2016
New Years Eve Miami 2016
Miami Radio Stations
Miami Clubs
Miami Restaurants
Miami Art Galleries
Miami Sneaker Stores