We caught up with Miami-based director and filmmaker Gil Green last month for an interview with LebronJames.com. He had an amazing 2012 with the directing of the Miami Heat Intro Video, as well as an immense positive reaction to his Lupe Fiasco video for “Bitch Bad”.
Well, we decided to hit him up one more time and see what one of Miami’s most thorough representatives likes to do within the city. We asked him for a Top Ten of all things Miami, and well, he gave us Thirteen! Click below to see Gil Green’s Top 13 Things To Do In Miami for tourists and locals alike…
Gil Green’s Top 13 Things To Do In Miami For Tourists & Locals
1. Watch the cruise ships sail off at sunset from South Pointe Park
South Pointe Park – 1 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139
2. Get the best patty and cocoa bread from Suzy at Nice Mon Bakery
Nice Mon Bakery – 19695 NW 2nd Ave Miami, FL 33169
3. Hit up Carol Mart for some kicks, music, and trunk jewels!
Carol Mart – 18200 NW 27th Ave Miami Gardens, FL 33056
4. Watch the sunrise while eating breakfast at News Cafe
News Cafe – 800 Ocean Drive Miami Beach, FL 33139
5. Eat lunch at Gigi’s
Gigi – 3470 N Miami Ave, Miami, FL 33127
6. Eat dinner at Sabor a Peru
Sabor a Peru – 2923 Biscayne Boulevard Miami, FL 33137
7. Watch a Miami Heat game at the AA Arena.
American Airlines Arena – 601 Biscayne Boulevard Miami, FL 33132
8. People Watch on Lincoln Road
Lincoln Road is a pedestrian road running east-west between 16th Street and 17th Street in Miami Beach, Florida, United States.
9. Watch the old men play dominoes at Domino Park in Calle Ocho
Maximo Gomez Domino Park, 801 SW 15th Ave, Miami, FL 33135
10. Check out a flick at the Drive in at the Swap Shop (Broward)
Swap Shop Drive-In – 3291 West Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
11. Check out Art Walk and the Food Trucks every second Saturday
12. Hit up Purdee Lounge on Reggae Night (Monday nights), sweating in the back room to some old yard tunes!
Purdee Lounge – 1811 Purdy Avenue Miami Beach, FL 33139
13. Hit up Rainbow Valley with my two daughters in Aventura Mall
Rainbow Valley – 19501 Biscayne Boulevard, Aventura, FL 33180
For more information on Gil Green and updates on everything that he is doing, go to www.gilgreen.com