In the early 1930s, the T & T Cash Grocery was located on Federal Highway in Dania Beach on the south western corner of Dania Beach Boulevard. The building still exists today. The grocery was owned by Dania City Commissioner Paul Thompson. It was one of the most progressive businesses in town and offered customers free delivery. Originally incorporated in 1904, Dania was absorbed by Hollywood in 1926. On June 14, 1927, Dania residents voted to withdrawal from Hollywood due to high municipal taxes on croplands.
July 29, 2012