Rick Ross was in New York City earlier today for a quick MMG press conference. At hand here members of the crew, as well as Diddy and Swizz Beatz…
Here are the cliff notes, courtesy of KarenCivil:
1) Swizz Beatz was up first, announcing that he and Ross are working on a big and tall line for Reebok. “I got ya’ll, big guys, tall guys,” said Rozay.1)
2) Diddy showered praise on the Bawse. “He to me is definitely one of the hardest working men in this business. This is no accident. This is all designed, this is all planned out.”
3) The second Maybach Music compilation Self Made, Vol. 2 will drop June 26 featuring the single “Bag of Money.” “We pushing the envelope creatively,” said Wale, who will drop his third album during the first week of January.
4) Maybach Music’s next up to bat, Meek Mill, also revealed that his MMG debut Dreams & Nightmares will hit stores on August 28, while his first single will drop at the beginning of June. His mixtape Dreamchasers 2 will be released on May 7 featuring appearances from Drake, Rick Ross, Gunplay, and 2 Chainz.
5) Ross’ long-awaited fifth album God Forgives, I Don’t will arrive on Def Jam on July 31. “This is my best body of work yet,” said Rozay, who will drop a new single “extremely soon.”
6) The Teflon Don also announced that he has signed Omarion to Maybach Music Group. “Today I become a made man. Omarion aka Maybach O.,” said the former B2K member, who is readying an EP. His first single “Let’s Talk” features Rozay and samples Notorious B.I.G. and Salt-n-Pepa.
7) Ross explained how he linked up with Omarion. “I ran into the homie, we had a few conversations and I flew him down to Miami and he played me a dozen records,” he said. “I was amazed by the music he put together. We had a few conversations and we made a situation happen. He’s a phenomenal entertainer. His dancing is incredible. He’s an actor, he’s a writer. I thought it would be a great move for both of us. I’ve been looking to enter the R&B arena, I felt he was the best artist to kick the doors open.”