This story is so bizarre and so off-the-wall. Long story short, Solange wanted to bring a 5-foot long inflatable banana inside of Cameo, and I guess Cameo wasn’t having it. Solange has a tantrum and police apparently try to deflate the banana with a knife or some sort. Bizarre. Read the rest of the story below…
(Miami New Times) – The younger Knowles, who’s spent the past few years under the mainstream radar by collaborating with indie artists like Of Montreal, The Dirty Projectors and Chromeo, took to her Twitter yesterday to let her fans know of the alleged incident:
* I have literally had my last leg with discriminating police! Miami police department will be notified.
* A police officer just pulled a weapon on me…. I have done NOTHING illegal, against the law, or anything of the sort.
* I am simply tired of police using arrogance, ego and authority as an offense.
* I’m only tweeting this to raise awareness. I could have left quietly, but I am sick & tired of this scenario being played over & over again.
* It is time to do something about it. I am a mother raising a young black child in America. Im going to die trying!
* Been on the phone for the last 20 minutes reporting this incident. Yes, I have the officers name. Yes, I have the location.
Sources in the Miami Police Department say it wasn’t one of their officers, despite Knowles naming MPD in her Tweets. The incident, in fact, occurred on Miami Beach.
“The whole entire incident was about the fact that she was not allowed in a club. When she became abusive, she was pulled to the side. There was no mention of a gun. Considering it might be an internal investigation I can’t tell you much other than that,” Detective Juan Sanchez told the gossip news site.
Update: A press release from the Miami Beach Police Department says that the incident occurred outside the Cameo nightclub at 1445 Washington Avenue in South Beach. Knowles had shown up with a five-foot, inflatable banana and was not let in the club. She was under the impression that the reason for not being let in was racially motivated and began causing a scene.
An officer then took Knowles across the street and may have threatened to deflate the banana. MBPD is not confirming whether or not a weapon was pulled, but clarifies that Knowles is not claiming the weapon was a gun.
Via the Miami New Times