The William Wagner House – oldest house in Dade County (1850’s)


The William Wagner house is the oldest in Miami-Dade County. It is a small antebellum building made from hand-hewn lumber. Wagner, an early resident of the area, built the house between 1855 and 1858. He was a merchant who ran a sutler’s shop, a store that sells military provisions. The house was originally located at Fort Dallas, a command post during Florida’s Seminole Wars. It is now located at Lummus Park, where it was relocated in 1979. The house is maintained by the City of Miami and designated a historic site by the municipal government.

William Wagner House
Lummus Park
404 NW 3rd Street
Miami, FL 33128

Miami History

Miami Zip Codes
Broward Zip Codes
Things To Do In Miami
Winter Music Conference 2016
Art Basel Miami 2016
New Years Eve Miami 2016
Miami Radio Stations
Miami Clubs
Miami Restaurants
Miami Art Galleries
Miami Sneaker Stores