The Miami Heat basically had a contract with Clear Channel AM station WINZ on the 940 AM frequency, but had a little bit of a contract dispute when the station weren’t giving the Heat equal treatment as the Dolphins. The Dolphins were getting extra special air time while the Heat were not. Rather than working it out as Clear Channel wanted, the Heat abandoned ship and said, out with the old and in with the new. Today they formally announced their partnership with 790 The Ticket. Read the press release below.
MIAMI, November 9th â€“ The Miami HEAT announced today that it has signed a multi-year radio contract with WAXY 790 The Ticket. The HEAT radio game coverage and commentary HEAT fans know and love will now be found on 790 The Ticket, the new radio home for the Miami HEAT.
As part of the agreement, in addition to the exciting play-by-play action of every pre-season, regular season and post-season HEAT game, 790 The Ticket will provide the following exclusive content:
* Extended Pre-Game and Post-Game Shows: Tune in 60 minutes prior to the start of each HEAT game and stick around for the post-game talk about the game with Jonathan Zaslow and Tommy Tighe.
* Daily HEAT Show: Get your daily HEAT fix Monday through Friday during the 9:00 a.m. hour with host Jorge Sedano.
* HEAT Game Day Program: Start your game day preparations early with the Sports Brothers from 2:00 â€“ 2:30 p.m. (weekend dates and times to be determined).
* Daily â€œDos Minutos with the Miami HEATâ€ Segment: Two minutes of the hottest HEAT news each day hosted by Jorge Sedano with contributions from Miami HEAT game broadcasters Mike Inglis, John Crotty, Eric Reid, Tony Fiorentino, Jason Jackson and Jose PaÃ±eda.
* HEAT Weekly Show: Take an in-depth, behind the scenes look into your Miami HEAT each week (date and time to be determined).
â€œThis is the dawn of a new era in HEAT history on the court and over the airwaves and we’re happy to welcome 790 The Ticket on board to broadcast our games and to help us tell our story to thousands of HEAT fans across South Florida,â€ said HEAT President of Business Operations Eric Woolworth.
â€œAll of us at 790 The Ticket and Lincoln Financial Media are delighted to partner with the HEAT organization for many years to come. The Miami HEAT is a marquee brand not only in the South Florida sports landscape, but in the entire world and we are excited about becoming their new radio home. We look forward to working with their entire management team to make the HEAT’s strong, loyal and passionate fan base proud to tune to 790 The Ticket for the best HEAT coverage year round,â€ said Howard Davis, Station Manager for 790 The Ticket.